Anyone use nice n' clean anti-static wipes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stainer711

In Runtime
I just bought some but am hesitant to wipe down my lcd screen with them, as I hate anything touching my screen period. Has anyone had any luck using these on lcd monitors and the like?

I just use screen solution and paper towles. The screen isn't that fragile and you can just wipe it down.

Ever put a little white colored antistatic wipe in with your clothes when using a clothes dryer? Surprise! Those are also an effective tool for not only wiping dust off of an lcd display but other things like the lcd frame as well as anywhere where dust collects on your case as well as on a tv set.

The antistatic wipes tend to absorb the esd that helps to keep dust from clinging on in the first place. Those may seem a little dry but they are non abrasive for lcds. For finger marks and other noticible items that requires the type of cleaner commonly used on lcds and flat screen with a soft non linting type of cloth.

"Paper towels"? :confused: :eek: "wet pieces of paper?!"

I use Monster screen cleaner and a schamie for cleaning off my laptop screen, works wonders, takes about 10 seconds and only need to do it once a month for a flawless looking screen.

The most annoying thing when using any cleaner is seeing streaks while looking at the display sometime later when viewed from an angle! For simply seeing dust removed you won't need any liquid cleaner with a simple antistatic wipe or soft cloth like a handkerchief.

The most annoying thing when using any cleaner is seeing streaks while looking at the display sometime later when viewed from an angle! For simply seeing dust removed you won't need any liquid cleaner with a simple antistatic wipe or soft cloth like a handkerchief.

No, that why you use LCD screen cleaners. They are specifically formulated not to streak.

Any solution used to wet any wipes will still have to be specific for lcds and not just any cleaning solution. The places to look for any prepared solutions would be in a computer parts store like CompUSA or in a good sized office supply store that handle a variety of items like keyboards, mice, keyboard drawers, hard drives, sopplies, etc. there since they will also carry various accessories like cleaning kits.

Baby wipes are also wet microfiber towels but use a totally different solution there. While the cleaning solution used has to be mild the wipes are generally included with any lcd cleaning kit you buy retail.

Do not use any cleaning solution seeing any alcohol base! In other words don't use a vhs tape cleaning solution to substitute for one intended for lcds. While that type will dry fast the screen will likely be then found discolored!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom