quad SLI work log. ITS HERE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
the 9800gtx is a beast card, and will only get better as drivers improve, im orderign mine today, and evga model and and putting it on 2 day shippign wit ha copy of crysis, with taxes shippign andcrysis its costing me 385
$

Actually, anything past 2 cards on crysis doesnt scale all that well. Mostly because crytek cant code their way out of a wet paper bag. For those who were wondering, i most likely wont be keeping the cards. I just want to play with them a few days before i sell them. This will also allow me to make sure no one tries to tell me they were DOA when they get them. I will just take less of a loss by selling these than i would have with my GTS cards. I'm just going to end up keeping my GT until the 9900s show up later down the line.

*my deepest apologies to veedub for breaking in here* so the only problem with the 9800gtx is drivers right now? and why are you waiting on the 9900's? heard something I haven't yet about them?

the 9800gtx is only 512mb, and even tho the 8800gtx has higherr memory bus and more ram, the 9800gtx still has a higher memory bandwith the the 8800gtx, and outperform the 8800gtx in anything up to 1920x1200, at 2560x1600 it becomes balanced.

pretty sure the 8800gtx still has higher memory bandwidth..i don't think anything is coded for quad sli or crossfireX...not yet anyway

Actually, anything past 2 cards on crysis doesnt scale all that well. Mostly because crytek cant code their way out of a wet paper bag. For those who were wondering, i most likely wont be keeping the cards. I just want to play with them a few days before i sell them. This will also allow me to make sure no one tries to tell me they were DOA when they get them. I will just take less of a loss by selling these than i would have with my GTS cards. I'm just going to end up keeping my GT until the 9900s show up later down the line.

your not going to keep atleast one?

edit: nvm I guess you would get more money for them now before the 9900's pop up.

The sad truth is, as many games as i own, i always end up playing world of warcraft, which plays perfectly fine on my single, stock clocked GT :( I just love playing around with new technology too much. Expensive hobby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom