Quick Help Needed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

AhBeng

In Runtime
Hello there. I've a little problem here.
you see, i've hidden some of my text file cause its private.
but today, i realise i cant view them already.

Normally i will go to tools on the top left hand corner and select "Option" ,
but i cant see my OPTION anymore. :confused:

How do i get back the option selection to be there so tat i can view my hidden file ?

After i type control folders and click ok. it says " This operation has been cancelled due to restriction in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator. "

Thanks

Is this a work pc. Then contact your IT dept. They might have changed something.

I believe this should be posted in operating systems section.

This sounds like a work PC and you do not have Admin rights to gain control of the Folder options.

Open My Computer>Tools>Folder Options>View tab. Can you get there and check the box that says show hidden files?

This sounds like a work PC and you do not have Admin rights to gain control of the Folder options.

Open My Computer>Tools>Folder Options>View tab. Can you get there and check the box that says show hidden files?

Nope. I can't see the box that says show hidden files.

Its not a work PC. its my own home personal PC & i am the admin.
I actually have no problem about this show hidden file thingy, but yesterday i realised the tool button is gone. :confused:

thanks

Go to Control Panel and then User Accounts. Check if the user you're logged in as is actually an admin. If you were an admin it would let change any setting you wanted.

You need to change status in folder options to "show hidden files"
Good luck

I already suggested this and it is not possilbe.

AhBeng you need to check the status of your account via the Safe Mode Admin account. Make sure that your permission didnt get changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom