XP MCE install problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might be the only solution at this point. And the sticker does say Media Center Edition on it. Can't make out if it is MCE 05 or what.

Might be the only solution at this point. And the sticker does say Media Center Edition on it. Can't make out if it is MCE 05 or what.

it's 05 if the computer is fairly new. 2002 was buggy as heckand didn't come pre-install on many computers.

remember how xp has 32 different version and some key don't work for some xp cd. like an ibm key doesn't work for nothing but a ibm disc?

the 3 different media center versions are like that

I'd follow this, but I'd make sure that the 1386 folder is on another drive so that you can create and delete partitions

http://www.techist.com/forums/f9/how-install-xp-without-xp-cd-156805/

Going through the BartPE now. I like the warning, building from OEM versions can cause problems. Perfect.

Well, the BartPE for whatever reason did not work. I got a Gateway restore disk however from the owner (after a week of asking) Did a factory restore and all is well. Weird thing is, the restore disk put XP Pro on instead of MCE. Oh well. It works.

if you would have let me know, I have a gateway media center restore disc. I'm glad that you got it together

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom