The Jolly Soon to Be Lit Up Green Giant (56k Warning...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The issue with that is that the panels are a solid 2mm of steel, and any kind of intricate design would be nearly impossible to cut.

I'm looking into getting this version of their logo done in matching vinyl to the petras logos.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/2/21/Nvidia_logo.svg/400px-Nvidia_logo.svg.png
As about 11" across...

If you're worried about it being either too thick or intricate a cut for you, see if you can find a local guy to do it for you. A waterjet system would be perfect, they do amazing cuts but would probably run you around $100 minimum, for half $70 or so a laser cut could be done to save a few dollars.

But the dremel should do that and the design IMO is not that difficult for a dremel cut, just be patient with it and go slow. Little trick i use, flip the logo around and make your cuts from the back of the case panel, I find it leaves smoother edges that way (you'll have to file or grind either way but is less work) and allows you to mess slightly with overcuts and and nicks won't be in plain view. I only make cuts now from the back side of my sheet metal, never from the front.

Yeah but spending that much money for a logo is pretty cost prohibitive.

As it is, this will not be replacing my aurora as my day to day case at any point in the immediate future.

At best it will become my lan case. And when I have more cash I might consider setting up a server in it.

If you're worried about it being either too thick or intricate a cut for you, see if you can find a local guy to do it for you. A waterjet system would be perfect, they do amazing cuts but would probably run you around $100 minimum, for half $70 or so a laser cut could be done to save a few dollars.

But the dremel should do that and the design IMO is not that difficult for a dremel cut, just be patient with it and go slow. Little trick i use, flip the logo around and make your cuts from the back of the case panel, I find it leaves smoother edges that way (you'll have to file or grind either way but is less work) and allows you to mess slightly with overcuts and and nicks won't be in plain view. I only make cuts now from the back side of my sheet metal, never from the front.
VERY good tips (I wish I had followed them many times in the past)

A couple new pics showing the radiator hole in the bottom and the totally stripped chassis with the u channel molding on the fan holes.

Also the Game case is there for perspective.

EDIT: Sorry I didn't realize how stupid my camera focus is behaving. = Reason why pics = blurred

Heres just an idea of the size difference between it and say a common mid-tower, specifically the antec 900.

The red square int he pic is the same size as the one in the second.
Crazy huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom