Some Pages Won't Load.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joh Dough

Beta member
I mainly use Firefox but I also get the same result with IE and Opera. Search engines in particular; and some load the home page but not anything else. Does anyone know what the problem is?

EDIT: Google loads up but the search doesn't work.

Have you tried resetting your browser security setting to default. Another thing to try is to uninstall and reinstall say Opera and then don't transfer any of the settings from IE.

Also delete all saved information including Cookies. Download and install Ad-Aware and remove anything it tells you to. It could even be a virus but we'll stick with this for now. Also this thread should be posted in Windows Software next time :)

Sorry about that, and sorry about about the late response; I had trouble getting into the website. My problems seems to have gotten worse.

I reset my browser security to default and it somewhat worked at least the first time around. The Google search engine worked, but stopped working after one try and now its back to not working at all. All the other sites I couldn't get into before still don't load.

I also downloaded and installed Ad-Aware and deleted Trojan.32. I currently use Spyware Doctor and Spyware S&D, which didn't formally detect Trojan.32 until recently. S.Doctor usually finds Trojan.Agent, ConHook and KnownBadSites; but when I delete them, they reappear shortly afterward. I can't seem to entirely get rid of them.

I haven't tried to uninstall and reinstall Opera and not transfer the settings yet so I'll give that a try next. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks.

Another thing; I keep seeing this image everywhere:

336x280zt7.gif

Do you know what Spyware/Adware program this comes from?

It's a popup or just an ad on the side?

If Ad-Aware and Spy Doctor are having trouble getting rid of the files you most likely have a virus. What anitvirus do you have installed right now and what year/edition is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom