Setting up Raid 0 on windows xp home edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue4paper

In Runtime
As the title reads for the past day or so i've been trying to set up a RAID 0 on my computer.
So far i have the raid drivers on a floppy disk and 2 HD set up. The only problem that i'm having is finding the BIOS setting about enabling RAID controllers. I couldn't find any words with raid in them, but i did enable IDE controllers. Also from reading on about going into the RAID bios settings by hitting F10 is it? i couldn't seem to get that working too.

So in summary my 2 problems are :

-Finding the BIOS setting enabling RAID controllers
and
-Finding the Flash/Raid Bios

I would not suggest running RAID with IDE drives. You will not gain anything.

Ah, well i guess i'll disable the IDE controllers, but i'm quite sure my motherboard enables RAID, i found the folder my motherboard cd rom. Although i'm bad with hardware stuff here is a picture and a file of the motherboard with the motherboard instructions in the raid folder.

Attachments

• README.TXT
    16.8 KB · Views: 139
well there's your problem... ecs... but yeah, ide raid isn't that neccisary unless you are bored and want to try something new...

heh, all i saw on mine were hitachi so i'm guessing they're not sata. Bah. Ah well at least now i know, thanks for the quick response though.

you willl have problems if you raid 0 regular drives. you should only raid 0 scsi drives which were made more durable to withstand the half reliability hit that you get by running raid 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom