The huge choice of mobos

Status
Not open for further replies.
You will see an increase in ease of OCing on the p35's if there is one. And the p35's are the cheaper ones...

btw... i hear the p35 ds3r is a decent board... why exactly are you getting rid of it? Do you want SLI?

If you do want SLI I recommend the EVGA 750i FTW... It seems to be as good as the 750i at the least... darksideleader was right, it is like a p35/x38 parallel with the 750i/780i. Except the 750i FTW's only draw back is no tri sli. Which you won't be doing with a 8600 gt :p

Oh and if you want crossfire for the future go with an x38.

the 750i FTW ftw!! (thats right I said it twice)

I'm starting to like that board more than P35 boards, and I'm a huge P35 fan, plus I like recommending other stuff than P35/x38, it kind of gets boring

also don't even consider the 6 series Intel Boards from nVidia, 750i outmatches it (not even 680i's)

I'm pretty sure there is a big difference between the 750i and the evga 750i FTW...If thats what you mean.

Maybe you should try to brush up on finding mods for that board, maybe you could increase its value (or kill the board, but since you hate the board's guts and wanted to rip it to shreds, thats not a big risk :D)

I tried... not very hard.
680i SE mods? - XtremeSystems Forums

I looked up some stuff on google too.

It seems the problem is in the FSB limitations on quads, and most mods out there that i know of (pencil mod for example) are more for controlling the voltages better.

680i pencil mod - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net

I've posted on a few forums but still can't find a mod worth trying. So I'll just keep it as it is.

How about the Asus P5K-E/Wifi-Ap Lifestyle Edition mobo or the Abit IP35Pro. Also thinking I might just spend the money and buy a Q6600 and the Asus Maximus Formula and ship them over. You'd be suprised what I could get for an e6320 in Ireland. What would I see in terms of performance increase in, lets say, Crysis and would I also need to replace the RAM

I'm pretty sure there is a big difference between the 750i and the evga 750i FTW...If thats what you mean.

I tried... not very hard.
680i SE mods? - XtremeSystems Forums

I looked up some stuff on google too.

It seems the problem is in the FSB limitations on quads, and most mods out there that i know of (pencil mod for example) are more for controlling the voltages better.

680i pencil mod - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net

I've posted on a few forums but still can't find a mod worth trying. So I'll just keep it as it is.

I meant like brushing up on modifying boards, but the way I worded it makes it say otherwise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom