Time to Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Photekh

Beta member
Sup guys, haven't been here for so long and I definitely miss it.

So , its that time again. I gota upgrade my current computer:

DFI Lanparty nForce 4 Ultra-D (s939 socket)
AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Venice core
Geforce 5200FX.. dont ask :confused:
1 GB OCZ Value RAM * biggest mistake of my life
Antect 550W Power Supply
Seagate 20GB 7200RPM HD

The game plan is basically im going to upgrade half by half. The total budget is 400 dollars and Im going to start off with 200.

So I want to start with:

Video Card
Hard Drive
Case

Then the second half get:

Motherboard/CPU/RAM

So what would you guys recommend? Also, for the case I really want an acrylic see-through, what do you guys think bout those cases?

Oh boy, that is quite the tight budget. But, it'll still be better than what you're rockin now!

So, the whole entire thing needs to pretty much go. Your video card is AGP, that mother supports DDR, and it's a socket 939.

I'm personally running an Acrylic case. Danger Den Waterbox Plus case. It's out of your budget though, $200. I like it, BUT, working on it leaves finger prints EVERYWHERE, so it's rather difficult to keep it clean.

Here's what I'm going to recommend-

First set-

Video card- Newegg.com - EVGA 256-P2-N751-TR GeForce 8600GT 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics -$79.99
Hard drive- Newegg.com - Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3250310AS 250GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives -$59.99
Case-
Newegg.com - Rosewill R220-P-BK Black 0.5mm SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases -$26.99

Second set-

Motherboard- Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-P35-S3G LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards -$79.99
CPU- Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 Allendale 2.2GHz 2M shared L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor - CPUs / Processors -$119.99
RAM- Newegg.com - GeIL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory -$35.99

$402.94

Not shipping though, sorry dude. I know it's a bit over, but that comp will be leaps and bounds faster then what you're running right now. I know that it's not an acrylic case, but it's better to spend more on the parts that matter then on a case, with that small of a budget. Hopefully that can give ya in an idea of what direction to go.

is the intel core duo alot better then then the AMD Athlon X2? I think I saw one on newegg for like 60 dollars. I think that is my main concern because I have been with AMD for a long time now and honeslty i havent been happy. Also, my mobo is PCI-Express so thats why I wanted to do the first set first and eventually have like 300 for the second set , mobo/cpu/ram.

That is possible right? since i have a pci-xpress i can buy the vid card HDD and case to upgrade first? Also, i saw a blank acrylic on newegg for 50.

try to stretch your budget a couple 100$ more it will really make a difference...
High End Old tech or Low End New Tech.. OC'ed to the eyeballs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom