Weird monitor problem..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronald H

Beta member
So I recently bought a Samsun 2253bw (Newegg.com - SAMSUNG 2253BW Black 22" 2ms(GTG) DVI Widescreen LCD Monitor with HDCP Support 300 cd/m2 DC 8000:1 - LCD Monitors) to get a dual monitor set-up going with my Acer x222w. When I got the monitor, I set it up on my parents computer before bringing back to my place to make sure everything worked and all. One of the main reasons I purchased this monitor is that it is capable of running at 1600x1200, which is fairly abnormal for a widescreen monitor such as this as far as I know. Now the weird part of it is I can't seem to get it to run at 1600x1200 on my computer. It worked fine and ran at the right resolution on my parents computer but I can't for the life of me, figure out what the problem is. Some of the differences are I'm running Vista and two monitors, could either of these be the issue? My parents are running XP with one monitor.

Parents computer has an ATI 9800xt and I have a 8800 gtx. Thanks for any help!

I'd try drivers first actually, lol.

Use DriverCleaner Pro to uninstall your old drivers/have your new drivers downloaded/ready to install after you use DCP.

Thanks for the help guys. One question: when you say update my drivers, do you mean drivers for my graphics card or monitor? Do monitors even use drivers for the matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom