Multi-monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warrior49

Beta member
I want to upgrade my PC to multi-monitors (2 or 3). This is mostly business stuff (documents, websites, email, all visible at the same time), so no high-powered graphics needed (apart from an occasional Flight Sim).

I'm assuming I can add in a couple of PCI graphics cards in addition to the AGP (is that right?) which is already there. Any suggestions for a basic graphics card appreciated.

What video card do you currently have? It might be easier just to get a new card with dual output.

NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200. I added a dual output card once before (different PC) but it didn't let me use the original card as well. This time I really want to be able to have 3 screens so a replacement wouldn't do the trick.

NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200. I added a dual output card once before (different PC) but it didn't let me use the original card as well. This time I really want to be able to have 3 screens so a replacement wouldn't do the trick.

I would run 2x dual output cards , that would support up to 4 screens. I don't know if adding additional cards to the pci slot would work, seems like your pc would only recognize one unless they were in crossfire. I have a cool 3 monitor stand but only 2 screens on it.($150.00 great price ;) )

edited by me vvv Thanks

so you are saying that it wont let you use the main plug-in (the default one that comes wit the mother board) when you put in a new graphics card?

so you are saying that it wont let you use the main plug-in (the default one that comes wit the mother board) when you put in a new graphics card?

You mean the onboard graphics? No, you cannot use onboard/separate GPU at the same time. The card disables the onboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom