CTRL,alt ,DEL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wicked23

I know things...
I have an pc at work running Windows XP pro W/ sp2 that whenever the user hits ctrl,alt,del, to logon the cursor defaults to the password box instead of the username box like the other 60 pc's I have.

I am assuming it is a option somewhere, but I can't find it.

Any ideas?

Start>Run>Control userpasswords2

See if it is there. Could also just be that Tab was hit somewhere in there or that the active field is the password field.

the active field is the filed that becomes highlighted after doing certain actions. Like opening a web browser. Some browser take you to the address bar while others will take you to a spot on the page.

If the registry is the same then i dont know what to tell you. Try checking the Group Policy editor.

This is solved.

There was a registry entry tvt_gina.dll that caused this. I removed the file from the system32 folder( can't just delete registry entry cause it rewrites itself) and everything is good.

A little research and there are lot's of issues with logon in lenovo PC's that are associated with this file.

Well glad it was solved. That is always good to hear. That file sounds like spyware though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom