8800GT vs 9600GT

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 8800gt 256 is 400mhz slower, but when oc'd it does hold its ground. The 9600gt is not always faster either. At 1280x1024, the 8800gt 256 does dominate as well. I play cod4 at 1680x1050 with it on high settings with 2xAA, and my fps never drops below the 40fps mark.

I may have mine for sell for a good price soon, since i want to upgrade to an 8800gts 512.

you'll want a single videocard for crysis however, Nvidia and ATi still havent fully worked out the GPU kinks on crysis yet.

Aight guys, I got another question, since I'll be OC'ing my processor and getting a new mobo along with the video card, I've narrowed it down to these two.

Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX All Solid Capacitor Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-P35-S3G LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

Now, I don't want to pay extra for features I will never use (coaxial digital out, etc..) and they use the same chipset, so of course I am leaning towards the cheaper of the two. Opinions?

Or... I could skip the mobo and just get a new processor, but I'm only able to budget in an E2200, which is still quite on the low end of low. What would do me better, getting a board that is a better overclocker for my 2140, or grabbing a 2200 and sticking it in my current board?

Stick it with your E2140 with a better board, because with the current board that can't overclock well, won't do anything for the E2200.

The main difference between those two boards, is that the more pricey one has more ports, such as USB and audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom