Fan connector Readings A8N-SLI Premium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brunoboy

Baseband Member
On this A8N-SLI Premium board it has 2 chasis fan connectors . I only get readings from connector 1 for some strange reason . This board has also got the connector for the Chip and PSU fan. This board does not have the chip fan as it uses the cool pipe fanless setup . I can connect the second chasis fan to chasis 2, chip or psu connectors and the fans work . Trouble is they are not recognized in the bios and no RPM readings. PC Probe 2 of course does not find them either. Course it would'nt if not picked up in bios. So does this board only give readings for cpu and chasis fan 1 ? My previous A8S-X used to detect all . Is this normal for this board and bios ? Hope some one else here on Tech has experience with this board and can fill me in as this is the first time i've had anything to do with this board. It does say that if Smart Q Fan is enabled that only chasis fan 1 will be automatically controlled. Ok, but surely that should'nt stop the detection and readout of the other fan connectors on the board ! Lokk forward to hearing from ya's, Thanks Brunoboy.:confused:

Try switching the fans around and see if anything happens. Nothing should happen but you never know. If that doesn't change anything turn Q Fan off. Also go to CPUID and grab PCWizard and see if that shows the fan speeds.

If the BIOS says only Fan 1 will be controlled it could just mean that it just powers Fan 2 but doesn't monitor it.

Worked it out. QFAN HAS TO BE DISSABLED. Strangly though psu,chip and chasis fan readouts still don't show in the bios. However they do show and readout in PC Probe 2. Trouble is then you have to have all the fans running flat out as you cant adjust the speeds with PC Probe. Only way to overcome that that i can think of is Speedfan. Any one know if Speedfan is compatible with this board ?

Yeah will give it a try just to see. Couple of years ago used mbm on an A7V8X-MX board. Sfter a week or so the comp would start giving the occassional beep. Then they would get more prevalent and eventually it would'nt boot into windows. Used to eventually reinstall windows with all the same software and it would keep happening. The last time i did'nt install MBM AND its been running now ever since, 2 years on that install of xp! So there you go, MBM is a great little monitering app but even though it says it supports a7v8x all revisions it just didn't work out on that board.Anyway thanks mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom