Booting problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

smenon

Baseband Member
I have a P IV computer and recently I have noticed that it is not booting. When I switch it on, it does nothing, not testing RAM, boot sequence etc. I can just see the logo of the manufacturer, no booting nothing. Any idea about the problem? Is there any problem with BIOS? Please advise.

No beep code at all? One beep? Multiple beeps?

When the logo comes up try mashing F1, F12 or Del to see if you can access your BIOS. Only mash one each time you restart. If that doesn't work, reset your CMOS by taking the small silver battery out of your motherboard for 15 minutes and then put it back in.

Yes it is possible to access the bios by pressing del key. I have gone to BIOS using DEL key and made changes in the booting process from HDD to CD drive and inserted bootable cd in it and tried booting from CD, but again failed as it is not doing the POST, simply displays company logo, not doint the routine checking of system memory, boot sequence etc. is it problem with BIOS?

Ok turn off the option in the BIOS to show the logo and see what it says the next time you boot your computer. I always turn the logo off because it's important to see what the computer is going through at startup.

I have solved the problem. I tried BIOS default option and then saved it. It is now working, though I have not disabled logo option. I will be doing that also in order to see the activities details during booting. Thanks for your help.

No Problem. The next step I was going to tell you was to reset your BIOS and check for a timer shutoff setting so good work :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom