Coolermster Cosmos 1000?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfenwick

Fully Optimized
So looking to upgrade from my antec 900 to the cosmos 1000, can get one for $150 here not tax or S&H.

Anyone tried one of these before? Thinking it would be good as I'm looking to go SLI 9600gt and i do have a sound card and will probably get tv tuner soon as well. Is getting crowded in my little 900.

I know the case is a beast, anyone have any history with it? Just wondering how the airflow is for OCing as it doesn't have the front fans the 900 has, bottom, top and back only.

Looks beautiful from what i can see on newegg...will go look at it in person tomorrow.

Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER COSMOS 1000 RC-1000-KSN1-GP Black/ Silver Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

I'm using the CM Cosmos right now. There's lots of room inside. it has its ups and downs. I will say that it's more than likely going to run hotter than your antec, but not enough of a difference to cause problems. Probably only a few degrees. Wire managment was a pain, but with a dremel you can mod the MB tray a bit to help.

my old worklog has some pictures with stuff inside for a size idea.
http://www.techist.com/forums/f10/wc-finished-cm-cosmos-pictures-164457/

Its probably my most preferred case to date, and at that price its a steal.

I remember reading that thread. lol@blood

Yeah...i think i'm going to go for it. I'm not into watercooling right now but eventually that will be a project.

As for the dremel...oh, there will be modding!

Thanks for the feedback, i think you've convinced me...lol, not that i needed much convincing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom