LCD monitor issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

s37d

Banned
Hi, I'm having monitor problems.

My monitor, a Dell 17" LCD, stopped working today. It just starting turning on and off repeatedly. You can barely see the screen for the split second that its on, then it turns off, and on, and then off again, etc. The green power light on the power button turns on and off with the monitor, as if I was manually turning it on and off.

It's 8 years old so I dunno maybe it's just broken, but I was wondering if anyone knew a possible solution. If not, does anyone know what might be wrong, and if the cost is worth getting it repaired or if it would be cheaper to just buy a new monitor? Thanks

well 8 years old there would be no real point to repair it if there is something internally wrong (is the power cable fully in and not loose)

Yeah power cable is in fully, even tried a different power cable on a different computer, no go.

id say the monitor is toast then...since it's a crt the electron gun is prob outa wack...there would be no point in replacing it, it would prob cost (if you could even find one) more then a new one.

well 8 years old there would be no real point to repair it if there is something internally wrong

definate agreement with that. Messing around inside a crt monitor is not only a waste of time nowdays, but it also has the potential to make you feel kinda crispy :)
Big fully-charged capacitors = ow.

Doesn't really matter whether it's a CRT or LCD, 8 years old is a good life for a monitor. You could just get a new one instead of paying for repairs. You don't even know how long it would work for after.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom