Whats bottlenecking my PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iLace

Beta member
Erm I'm a gamer and I just got a new PC custom built.

We have Q6600 2.4
GTS 8800 (g92) 512MB
4GB 800mhz RAMM
580W HiperPower

It's a little odd, first thing I done was install COD:4 and CS:S.
Played them both with EVERYTHING maxed out.

1280x1024

And I got 71-72 fps.
I noticed strange things such as:
My FPS never went to any number other than 72 or 71. I then decreased the graphics, I turned AA off, lower res...
on both games... Still 72 and 72 flickering fps.

So somethings not right! and I have no idea what :)
Thanks!

stuff: vista 64, no OC's, 6 fans - no overheating, also worth noting I max out DX10 Crysis with about 30 - 50 fps which is normal.

SOLUTION: my screen refresh rate was 72 :p
and im guessing v-synch has something to do with keeping the fps
the same as the refresh rate?
anyway took it off and vroom here comes the fps!

goodnight :O

to get the best pic quality turn vsync on, it will have no teering.... ect

but yes thats what is holding back you fps vsync

hate it when people say that :p

It's very complicated but you can notice the difference between 120 + fps and 70 fps.
It's scientifically proven :p

Yeah I don't want to get into a whole argument but medically speaking your eyes don't see in "Frames Per Second" so there is no limit. They are biological not mechanical.

you don't need anymore then 70, you can't tell the diff over 60fps (the human eye can't...not just you lol)

Its not that it can't, it is that people's definition of smooth differ therefore FPS required changes.

People most certainly can tell the diffference between 70 and higher.

heck just google it and you shall see all the articles saying that 60 fps is not the limit.

no most people can't tell over 60fps...Some can tell higher. There is no point in arguing about it because both opinions have merit.

i think it depends on the person. some people can tell the difference on refresh rates, like i know i notice flickering on 60hz cause i'm so used to 75. and also some people's eyes can pick up on high differences, but i think for the vast majority of people in the world, 60fps is where people don't really notice a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom