3dMark score is low....876 low...

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsteg

Baseband Member
Here is my setup (not the best, but better than when i had the integrated video card):

1.3GHz Celeron Processor
256MB SDRAM
80.0GB 7,200RPM Hard Drive
Turle Beach Santa Cruz 5.1 Sound card
ATI Radeon 9200 (128MB) PCI card (stupid PC doesn't support AGP)

Only on Wings Of Fury where i averaged about 47fps, but on all other tests, i averaged about 6fps

For the CPU score, i got 93. Test 1 i got 11fps and test 2 i got about 1.5fps:(

I did have it on 32-bits rather than 16-bits. Could changing it back to 16-bits have dramatic differences in performance?

If i were to upgrade my SDram to say 512, how much would it help? What's my weakest link? (i'm guessing the celeron processor. lol) Thanks

ok. the stock spec on the 9200 are:

Core: 250MHz
memory: 200MHz

after overclocking it to:

core: 290MHZ
memory: 240mhz

my 3Dmark score went down to 755.

can anyone tell me what's going on?
:(

Yeah ur CPu and video card like arent that great at all and then ur vid card is PCI you might wanna invest in a whole new pc (my nice way of sayin gu have a crappy coimputer no offence)

i usually use the computer for internet browsing and doing office type of work. not much gaming, but when i do play some games, i would like a bit of performance. the new card is a MAJOR improvement over the 32MB integrated card.

how much of an improvement would it be going from PCI to AGP?

Going from PCI to AGP would be a MAJOR improvement. Don't bother adding more SDRAM, as there will be little to no difference.

Invest in a new PC.

well its actually not better than PCI. Due to memory management processes, PCI actually has the potential to be a HELL of a lot faster (hence PCI-Express). The thing is, however, that the AGP slot was made faster on most modern motherboards. Hence AGP became the craze. Unless you want to get a really High end graphics card that has PCI-Express (and a PCI-expres mobo) you need a mobo with AGP 8x compliance, and a decent graphics card to get a decent 3dmark score, and a decent gaming result.

yes 800 something is about where you should be. with a celeron even if you had an agp slop it wouldnt be worth upgrading that same box. you will need to invest in a new pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom