q9300 and super talent

Status
Not open for further replies.

liketokite

Solid State Member
What do you guys think of the q9300?And i am going for the 790i chipset so i have to go with ddr3.My tech guy suggests super talent, 2 sticks of 2 gig.Any thoughts would be great.as for the rest of hardware i have that covered.Thanx in advance

The Q9300's multiplier is very low, so if you're going to overclock, I would suggest the Q6600 G0. That is, unless you're going with a motherboard that can handle high FSBs, such as the 790i. But, the requirement of having to go with DDR3 is too pricey for what they offer right now, while DDR2 prices are at it's lowest. Go with the 780i.

b1gapl. Thanks for the quick reply.I think your advise is very helpful.but as far as the 790i with ddr3 i am dead set on w/ the ddr3 ram.I am trying to get ahead a little as i wont be able to build again for a long time.I have the cash now and won't in the next few years again to start again.I am also going with the evga 9800 gx2 gpu.cant wait for the next card.the 9900? I think i will go with the q6600 as i can not find a q 9450 any where.know of any someplace?I need an 64 bit OS to access the 4 gig of ram.I hate the thouhgt of vista 64 and wish to god i could i could just stay with my xp.Would xp 64 work for the 4 gigs of ram? i hear it can only access only 3.5 gig.I am a 42 year old fps gamer and want this rig to do it all for a long time.
Since i HAVE to go with ddr3 with the 790i evga board.what ddr3 brand[fastest] would you go with? also i hear vista has or will have direct x 10 so it looks like vista no matter what:[ I'm getting old and hate change.LOL
Thanks again RB:]

Crucial, OCZ, Patriot Extremes. Kingston, G.SKILL and mushkin are all good. It all depends on the timings and rated ram speed. That my friend you have to look around for the best deal.

honestly, I would say don't bother with the ddr3 now because it's not fast enough to justify the extremely high cost of it. If you really need a rig now I would strongly suggest you go ddr2. Also vista isn't a huge jump over xp. I have vista running on 2 computers that were both previously xp computers and I love vista now. Also vista is dx10, xp is not. and if you want xp then 64bit will show all 4gb of it.

Any 64-bit can handle 4GBs of RAM. It will only access 3.5GB of RAM if it was 32bit.

As far as brands for DDR3, OCZ, G. Skill, and Super Talent would be my picks.

Man i wish i could go ddr2 but the darn evga790i only accepts ddr3. That is a bunch of ********. Maybe the 790i really is not the board to go with. anyone know of a great board that will accept both ddr2 or ddr3 and accept the quad core extreme when the price drops? man all these decisions are turning into a real nightmare. lol.Thanx RB:]

if you have just one gfx card, the x38 or p35 are a great overclocking chipsets, that support DDR2, (sometimes DDR2/and DDR3)
and your not gonna want an "extreme" they will always be a waste of money

ncix has q9450's for sale, and here is the ddr3 ram i would get lowest timmings at that speed and crazy cheap for ddr3 prices.
NCIX.com - Buy G.SKILL F3-12800CL7D-2GBHZ PC3-12800 2GB 2X1GB DDR3-1600 CL7-7-7-18 240PIN Dual Channel Memory Kit - F3-12800CL7D-2GBHZ In Canada. a similar kit by a diferent brand woud put you in the 400/500$ raneg for one 2gb kit, so the g.skil hz ddr3 look good to me, as for a q9450 here you go Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450 Quad Core Processor LGA775 2.66GHZ Yorkfield 1333FSB 12MB OEM No HSF - DirectCanada they havethem at ncix aswell, im preaty sure direct canada delivers to the us, i know ncix does for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom