my motheboard is blazing hot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
theres a 120mm in the front, 80mm on the side that is EXTREMELY weak, u can only feel air if your hand is 1in from the fan. Also have a PCI slot fan that sucks out air.

the best advice i can give is to get a pair of these
RedSnips.jpg

and cut out the centers (they can block 50% and more of the air)
Picture015.jpg

I am no big fan of side fans, I like air to be brought in the front and out the back.

If the inside of yuor case is slow moving than everything heats up, especially the passive chipset coolers

I like to add a second 120mm front fan in the lower DVD slots
Picture011.jpg

Hey Mark, what is that tool called? I need one of those.

And what are the size of those fans, and where? They look like 140s.

*edit*
lol...nevermind, you said 120s. They look bigger than normal though, for some reason.

cut out the mesh type thing?
Yes, the mesh part can block up to 75% of the air going through.

Hey Mark, what is that tool called? I need one of those.

And what are the size of those fans, and where? They look like 140s.

*edit*
lol...nevermind, you said 120s. They look bigger than normal though, for some reason.

They are compound action action tin snips (notice there are 2 pivots, it makes them cut very thick material)

The ones I have are from Wiss (one of the best) I have had a pair for 30 years and they still cut good. The red handle ones are designed to cut straight and left hand circles. They have them at HomeDepot for like $14.

The fans look big because the motor assembly (center section) is smaller to permit more airflow. Those are the scythe ones, Silenx fans are similar as well.

I like Dremels too, BUT they cost just way too much to use to make big cuts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom