new Harddisk

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghosty

Baseband Member
Hi all
I was thinking of buying a new harddisk but i was told a harddisk's price and how good it is actually dependent on the RPMs and the buffers. I know what RPMS is ...what how actually do the buffers influence the price and quanlity of the harddisk?

i was thiking if getting a 7200 rpm IDE harddisk 160GB 8MB buffer.
as my second harddisk. any suggestions?

The "Buffer" is actually another type of RAM (Cache). It is a precaching point and helps with getting to information faster.

I use IBM and seagate drives. I used to use WD (Western Digital) but had some trouble with a few of their drives and have not been back. Maxtor was the same way...

i was thinking of hitachi. what do you think? I heard from a couple of people they are quite good. As i will be buying from my home countr yand bringing them overseas to where I study i hope to get one that has less problems.

Actually, Western Dig. is pretty good. I've never had any problems with them and recommend it man. Not only are they reliable, but also very good and not that costly. Plus, they have the biggest range of sizes, rpms and buffers.

bucemdown320:
ya i am using WD raptor as one of my drives at the moment. anyway man your specs are pretty damn fine..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom