Rate the Wire Management Above You!

ya looks nicer, try running your cpu power around the back through the whole in the top. and you might try taking some of those plastic clips out, they bugged me thats why i dont use them anymroe

my 4 pin connecter wont run from the back cos its too short...i wish i cud, it wouldve been so much better.
And i might remove the plastic clips i dont need. Its good to have them if you dont wanna route em from the back,and just have them guided through the front.

my 4 pin connecter wont run from the back cos its too short...i wish i cud, it wouldve been so much better.

really too short? ive seen ppl do it with a corsair 520, i would expect the cables to be just as long or longer with a 620

all you'd have to do is cut a little hole so the 4-pin can go out the top and it would be fine. but it doesn't seem like a big deal. not bad tho, 7/10

really too short? ive seen ppl do it with a corsair 520, i would expect the cables to be just as long or longer with a 620

even if i cut a hole, it wont be long enough from the back...
ive seen ppl do it but idk how...i always though they used some kinda of extension.
Im good though, i wont be touching it at all...untill i get another new hdd that i need and want really bad.

My Wire Management!... Lots of Pics! :D

okay, this is just for kicks mainly... and because i realized that ive never posted any pics of my build from last summer in the forums, so... here some are:

my desk, where you can see my entire setup (ignore all the other random stuff on it lol):
DSCN0233.jpg

my tower under my desk, all lit up: :D
DSCN0237.jpg

now i took this thing apart in an attempt to make the wire management at least slightly better... and took pics along the way. so, here those are:

looks so organized and tranquil when its near empty, doesnt it? lol
DSCN0288.jpg

i tried running all the case hookup cables and such out a little hole in the motherboard tray and down the back of it, to cut down on the visible clutter from the front:
DSCN0290.jpg

from the back:
DSCN0300.jpg

and finally, two views of the whole thing, along with the PSU and the horrible clutter it brings: :(
DSCN0325.jpg

DSCN0328.jpg

yup... so i know the wire management is pretty much atrocious, but... i really dont care all too much... im planning a new build at the end of the month where hopefully ill be incorporating a modular Ultra X3 (either 600W or 1000W, not sure yet) PSU into a new NZXT Tempest (when i can find one) and during summer, a liquid cooling system... so, as my comp is an ongoing project, as long as it isnt ruining my airflow or anything, i dont care tootoo much about the wires... so be nice when 'rating' it, and enjoy the pics... haha :) - RK

This is the Wire management thread, not the Wire mismanagement thread. :p

Can you get away with not using the 24pin extender thingy. And rip out that darned useless speaker int he bottom.

This is the Wire management thread, not the Wire mismanagement thread. :p

Can you get away with not using the 24pin extender thingy? And rip out that damned useless speaker in the bottom.

be nice! XD

and i dont really think i can in this case, no... it has a splitter of sorts in it that powers the LCD in the front of the case and give it info like the HDD activity and such, i think...
and the speaker in the bottom? would a gaping hole be better instead? haha

i honestly dont wanna put too much work in on this case/build anymore, cuz im gonna replace like %90 of the parts next week! i only posted for kicks, and cuz come next week, i wont be able to haha :) - RK

EDIT: i posted this, then got in the shower and was done with 'lather' and 'rinse' and was working on 'repeat' when i realized... duh... theres no way that the HDD activity info is coming out of a 4-pin molex connector... so, other than to power the LCD on the front of the case, and because the case came with it and instructed me to use it... i have no idea what that extender-thingy is for! haha
mebbe if i get bored later, ill try taking it out and just plugging the LCD into a regular molex connector from my PSU and see what happens... thanks for pointing that out tho... lol :)

Back
Top Bottom