Windows as shut down to prevent damge to your computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

xXxexpertxXx

In Runtime
Ok i am having a serious problem. My computer will automatically restart like 4 times day. The computer freeze then screen will go black. Just now i got this message

Blue Background

A problem has been detected and windows has shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

The problem seems to be caused by the following file atidvag

If this is the first time this stop error screen as appeared (something like that) restart your computer, if this screen appears again follow these steps..

Any idea what the prob may be?

Go into Administrative Tools in Control Panel and look at your event log under System and Application right afterthe next time it happens. Look at the closest one to the top that says "error" and post what it says when you click Properties. Usually gives an explanation there.

Sounds like a video card hardware or driver problem judging by the file description.

Hmm nothing in your System log? "atidvag" isn't part of Firefox so it doesn't sound like that the one. Try reinstalling your ATI Catalyst drivers if you don't see anything in your system log.

I dont know! my computer will restart! about once a day.See what happens is ill be listening to music! than sometimes my screen will go black! but the music will continue to play! than after 10 seconds it comes back on! One time it did that! and everything was extremely bright! my task bar desktop! EVERYTHING... sometimes it even restarts its self...

Computer starts up fine and i have no other problems.. Ill try reinstalling the graphics!

also these are the errors i am having!

Hanging application cuteftp.exe, version 8.2.0.0, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at Events and Errors Message Center: Basic Search.

Hanging application mshta.exe, version 7.0.5730.13, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at Events and Errors Message Center: Basic Search.

Hanging application mshta.exe, version 7.0.5730.13, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.

a lots more in the event viewer as well as some Warnings!

that i told you about the file atidvag only happened ONCE!

Go to Start > Right click on 'My Computer' > go to Properties > Advanced tab > Click 'Settings' under Startup and Recovery > under 'System Failure' uncheck the box that says automatically restart. Click Ok on all the dialog boxes.

Next time you get a blue screen, write down the words in all caps at the top of the screen (something like "IRQL_WAS_LESS_OR_EQUAL" or something like that), and also the STOP error code, which is at the bottom, and will be in the following format: 0x000000##, where ## = numbers/digits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom