Can't Work in Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

MindHacked

Solid State Member
so I tried to get rid of Linux and after I was done with it I put my vista restart disks in. . . after I was done with all the uploading and what not it said cant find autocheck or something like that and just restarts the computer I redid it with complete and uder done over like trying to wipe my harddrive clean start from scratch from the reboot disks. . . that didnt work the same message popped up and im lost

I have looked in other sources online but that is all considering XP and not vista

*Edit*

so I tried to restart my computer just now to update it and wait for a reply but after I took the boot up disk for linux out it said that autocheck message again

You will have to format the drive. Also the discs that you are using, are they full DVD's of Vista and not just the Recovery CD?

yes they are the full blown DvD disks I got when I bought the comp from best buy they gave me 2 disks with the complete way my computer was before they handed it to me

Well you will have to use a application like GParted to format the drive. It is a LiveCD and you will want version 0.3.3 to use for this task.

Just download it. Un rar the file with WinRar, burn the ISO to disc with ImgBurn (Or your app of choice) and boot with the disc in. It is straight forward after that.

so this with repartition my harddrive to the way it was then I should be able to reboot it with the vista disks I have it should be fine ?

what about the autocheck problem ?

No it will not setup your PC the way it was before. It will allow you to set it up the way it was before.

It should stop that since that is a disk checking error. Which is telling me that the drive is corrupted in some way which is why it is trying to run the auto check. Going this route will stop that as the drive will be freshly formatted and not in need of a check.

so I just downloaded winrar and imgburn and linux cant read it. . .

and if I restart the computer its going to reset the whole thing again because I need a boot disk in. . . in order to get to my OS's main screen

WinRar and ImgBurn are Windows applications. Not Linux ones.

Linux has a built in package extractor that you should be able to use along with a ISO burner as well.

Well if you right click on a zipped or rar file it should give you the option to extract it or use the program that does. The ISO burner should be the same way. I am not in Linux and i do not know it well enough to give you the directions needed. This is the Windows area. ;)

Check the Ubuntu Forums. They created the OS they should be able to give you detailed instructions on how to do all this.

Ubuntu Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom