Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

piggysmile

In Runtime
MS seems to be exterminating Windows XP predecessors by designing WMP 10 Beta to be compatible only to Windows XP. Do you think the stable release would be compatible with Win98 at least?

Yeah because they are implementing new features like the cooperation with Napster so if they are going to have a deal with napster they need it on all computers otherwise no one is going to make money. Its all about the money. I think that the 98 version will come later though just like the 9v came later for 98 fans.

i agree with NeoNemesis cause what about those people that have napster and windows 98 together they are going to start complaining to MS and MS will do something about it

good point guys. however m$ could use this as a marketing strategy. show you all these cool features and things you can do, but guess what. you have to buy windows xp to use them. and thats exactly what piggysmile said, "MS seems to be exterminating Windows XP predecessors by designing WMP 10 Beta to be compatible only to Windows XP" which is very much true.

Good point. I agree with that too cause the only thing that MS wants is money. They are not going to care if you have windows 98 or napster

precisely. they want you to get winxp, and then as you buy it and upgrade they release longhorn on you. like you said overclocker, they only care about money.

well at least MS cannot pest their Win98 customers for an incomplete alpha release of their product.

not interested cuz I use winamp which more than covers my music needs. love the skins

piggysmile said:
MS seems to be exterminating Windows XP predecessors by designing WMP 10 Beta to be compatible only to Windows XP. Do you think the stable release would be compatible with Win98 at least?

I use 10 and have no problems with it/reply-it's just not part of ms master plan

Re: Re: Windows Media Player 10 Beta

derrmc said:
I use 10 and have no problems with it/reply-it's just not part of ms master plan

you're right. the stable release is only for XP systems only.

(wonder if WMP 10 would work under Linux.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom