CPU benchmark with games at High-res?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ota.x

Beta member
Hey, i´m on a low budget on my new gaming rig, got almost of all of the parts figured out, just not decided on the CPU.

It´s easy to find benchmarks at 10x76 normally at low settings, but i want to know how will a E2200 or a X2 5000+ stack up against higher end CPUs at around 16x10 high settings, AA, etc. where I'll be playing.

Welcome to Tech-Forums!!!

I'd say somewhere in the middle field. But if you overclock, that gap should be much smaller. And games at hi-res depend more on the GPU than just the CPU.

I'd say somewhere in the middle field. But if you overclock, that gap should be much smaller. And games at hi-res depend more on the GPU than just the CPU.

Yes exactly. If you are on a budget spend most of your money on a graphics card and get a decent CPU.

Thanks.

I was aware of that, but no graphics of the sort?

By the way, which of these would you say is a better pick:

E2160 - $91
GA-P35-DS3 rev 2.0 - $152

or

A64 X2 4800+ - $105
GA-MA69VM-S2 - $69

Lowest prices i can get over here, and every dollar counts :)

At stock speeds, probably the X2 4800+. But if overclocking is involved, definitely the E2160 combo.

Definitely will overclock it, but it's the extra buck on the motherboard worth it? It's the difference between an 8800gs or an 8800gt.

The Intel motherboard is a much better overclocker. What about a 9600GT? Which is in the middle of those two, in terms of price and performance.

the e2200 has the tendency to have a higher percentage of getting a bad overclocking chip (check out Google), I'd say get an e2180

also the 8800gs is quite different from the 8800gt

the 8800gs has a 192bit Interface w/ 384mb RAM, while the 8800gt has a 256bit with either 256 or 512mb (theres also that 1gb version)

Lowest prices i can get.

EVGA 8800GT - $320
EVGA 9600GT SC - $271
XFX 8800gs - $220

Maybe i'll go for the intel-9600.

And thanks for the fast replys (Y)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom