3870x2 Problems!! Please Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, you never posted your result on 3dmark06 or game performance. Also, with dual gpu cards it will say 512MB because it is two cores. Did the same with my 9800GX2, but that still worked and used the full 1GB. Try looking at your Device manager. If it lists the HD3870x2 twice, then it is registering both GPU's.

A very basic question... do you have proper power to the card?

I don't own a 3870 X2, so I am not familiar with what the red light signifies. It would help if that tidbit of information were shared with us to help us understand the problem better.

of course of course im sorry, I scored a 9 thousand something in 3dmark and when it was testing my cpu i was barely getting above 0fps the entire time!! im running a phenom 9600 black ed. how is this freaking possible!??? people with much lesser processors that have the same gpu have scored much much higher than me....and as far as the red lights are concerned, no documentation that i am currently aware of states what they are supposed to be indicating.

The cpu test usually only get up to 5fps max and most often are between 0-3fps. Thats because it is stressing the cpu and not worrying about appearance. As far as your score, it does seem a bit low. Make sure you have everything connected properly like Trotter said. Also check for the most updated drivers from ATI, and other than that, without seeing the problem and without using an HD3870x2 first hand, I can't really think of much else.

yep i have both an 8 and a 6 pin connection hooked up to it...just ran 3dmark again after double checking the catlyst control center settings and got 8637 ?!?!?! this is absolute BS..

ive got a phenom 9600 black ed. a 3870x2 a creative x-fi xtreme music card, an extremely expensive DFI lanparty mobo, an 800watt ABS psu, and 8gbs of OCZ reaper ram...WHAT THE **** IS WRONG HERE.....8637 3dmark score is freaking WRONG and there is no APPARENT CAUSE.... i hate my life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom