OS and Memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

JarokFL

Baseband Member
hey guys,

Do I really need Window Vista 64 for online gaming?

Is there any website that tested both vista 32 and vista 64 for gaming?

If so please provide a link ;)

I want to see first hand the difference, so I can decide if I really need this 4GB RAM to use vista 64 with gaming or if this is just another marketing BS

I game w/ 4 gb on x64 and it has been the same as 32 bit. 2gb is plenty. I use 4gb because of other programs that I use.

Thanks!

Somehow I knew all this was a just a bunch of BS.
The more I read about this, the more obvious it seems that for mainstream apps and games, 2GB is plently

Maybe in a 2-3 years all this will change but for now I'm gonna stick to 2GB and vista x32.

Something is funny though, Vista x64 is basically the same price as Vista x32, so even if I only use 2GB should I grab Vista 64 anyway?

Vista 64 home premium will allow you to upgrade later to 16gb of memory from what I understand. You'll pretty much be at your cap already if you go 32bit.

Just have to check that there are 64 bit drivers for everything you're going to get.

I'd say either stick with XP for free, or go Vista 64. Vista 32 seems like a waste of money for your sitaution. I'm still doing research but at this time I figure I'm going Vista 64.

Vista 64 home premium will allow you to upgrade later to 16gb of memory from what I understand. You'll pretty much be at your cap already if you go 32bit.

Just have to check that there are 64 bit drivers for everything you're going to get.

I'd say either stick with XP for free, or go Vista 64. Vista 32 seems like a waste of money for your sitaution. I'm still doing research but at this time I figure I'm going Vista 64.

It's gonna be for a new PC so I'm gonna need a whole new OS, installing XP or Vista at this moment is about the same price on a new PC, so why not go go for Vista?

*edit*
Any one else wanna comment on the utility of vista 64 for online gaming?

It does change alot of parameters staying vista 32/2GB or going Vista 64/4GB, so I'd apreciate as much feedback as possible about this OS/RAM siuation

;)

64bit is fine, there are some people who say that driver support(also Software support) is crap, but I see none of these faults

You know I couldn't find support for xp x64 but for vista x64 I haven't had any problems. I would get vista x64. I'd rather stick w/ xp but having 4gb I had to go 64 and like I stated xp 64 just doesn't have the support I need. What sound card will you be using w/ vista? Theres modified drivers out there that are great. These are for audigy series though.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f12/creative-audigy-vista-xp-support-pack-drivers-171563/

What sound card will you be using w/ vista?

None :)

I'll just go with the onboard audio chipset of the MSI P6N SLI Platinum, it's some crap realtek but it's fine for what I need.

Well I guess I'm gonna go with the flow and get 4GB/vista 64 then

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom