Need help with case wiring

Status
Not open for further replies.

rk118

Solid State Member
I just finished putting together a new build, but I have one problem. I don't have a manual for my case, and I'm not sure which wires are + and which are -. Here is a rundown of what I've got and what I guessed:

Power LED - One black and one green. Thinking green +.
Power Switch - One black and one green. Thinking green +.
Speaker Connector - One red and one black. Thinking red +.
Hard Disk Active LED - One red and one white. Thinking red +.
Reset Switch - One black and one white. Thinking white +.

Do you think I guessed right? I searched the net for a manual for this case and came up with zip. I tried looking at pics of other people's rigs and even checked my current computer, but they don't seem to be like this. What happens if I guess wrong and have the wires mixed up? I plan to fire this up tomorrow night after I get home from work. Any input would be appreciated.

there should be some micro text right beneath the prongs on your motherboard indicating which plugs go where, grab a magnifyng glass and a mini mag light and have at it, thats what i did. ^_^

I know which prongs are for + or -, but I don't know which wires are + or _. The wires are paired up and labeled for the circuit, but they are not labeled positive or negative.

I always have a problem with this. Your manual should have info on it. I know that on my motherboards the lettering on the plugs usually go down. What mb do you have? We should be able to google some info on it.

Thanks for the help, but I went ahead and fired that sucker up. Everything appears normal. My system temps in bios were showing 27 and 26 degrees celcius. I think that's pretty good. I will install windows when I get home from work. Speaking of which, I've got to get ready now. Thanks again for replying to my request.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom