Date ,Time,MB Problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brunoboy

Baseband Member
:confused: Hi all. My A8S-X board blew on me. So disregard my comp specs at the bottom of the post. Will change all that soon. I now have an A8N-SLI Premium . Second hand of course but so far so good. Only strange thing i've noticed is every time i disconnect the power supply the date and time settings go back to 2006. Does this mean the mb battery is no good or could it be a bios setting? Only ever used to get this if i removed the battery . New one on me !
Any clues ? Thanks Brunoboy.

Thanks all. I have a couple of spare batteries i will try. Thought about that at first but in 10 years of tinkering with all types of boards, some very old i have never come across a dud battery. With this board even with the anti-intrusion jumper set to default, not in use, you still have to dissable anti-intrusion in bios and then it resets bios to defaults. Bit of a strange setup.
Thanks HEAPS ALL. Trying to find out other things about this board and bios but will start a new post soon. Thanks again.

*edit*
Thanks all. Will call it fixed.:)

Comp specs here are now up to date.Cheers.

What do you mea "Don't tripple post" ? Don't get it , tell me what i've done wrong please. Thanks Brunoboy.

This message has been deleted by b1gapl. Reason: Don't triple post!!!

What do you mea "Don't tripple post" ? Don't get it , tell me what i've done wrong please. Thanks Brunoboy.

This message has been deleted by b1gapl. Reason: Don't triple post!!!

Each post made by you has an edit button. Posters are not allowed to post multiple consecutive posts in a short period of time. You have to use the edit button to change the post.

Thanks Peter,
So if i start a post, you answer a question or tell me to try someting, i do whatever, it only takes me a few minutes . Are you saying i cannot then come back and post a quick reply ? If so how long do i have to wait ? Or do you mean i'm supposed to get back to you by editing the original post each time with answers or results etc ? I'm good at complicating things huh ! Sorry just trying to get it right . Bye the way the new battery worked. Thanks. Want to start a new post about where ive placed a fan to cool the Chip on this board but a bit wary now!

Thanks Peter,
So if i start a post, you answer a question or tell me to try someting, i do whatever, it only takes me a few minutes . Are you saying i cannot then come back and post a quick reply ? If so how long do i have to wait ? Or do you mean i'm supposed to get back to you by editing the original post each time with answers or results etc ? I'm good at complicating things huh ! Sorry just trying to get it right . Bye the way the new battery worked. Thanks. Want to start a new post about where ive placed a fan to cool the Chip on this board but a bit wary now!

No, just no two consecutive post. Because if I tell you something. Then you can't consecutively post since I'm the sandwich. And no, please don't edit the original post, that gets annoying ;). You can post different threads as long as they are different topics.

For example:
[you]
[me]
[others]
[you]
[me]
[you]
[you]*this is bad, use edit.

:) Thanks Pete, I get it now. Realize what i must have done: replied , forgot to write something in so posted another directly. Cheers for that.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom