Removing cap/jumper on Seagate 250gb HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

KennyD

Baseband Member
Hey guys, I was looking at my hard drive and saw that it says 1.5/3.0 on the hard drive. There is a jumper blocking 2 of the pins, so I can only get 1.5

My question is, how do you remove the jumper?

Thanks,
Kenny

Get a tweezer or use your fingernails. Cmon, we're human: gotta figure out a way. Hope your build is going well.

The simple answer to that is Sata II drives come with the jumper set to default. That enables all modes while moving the jumper changes the maximum to a different mode.

I wouldn't get bent out of shape anyways since the ATA limitations are still seen on Sata drives even while being on a faster bus simply due to hardware constraints at the present time. A new type of storage method would be the means to see the real benefit of the faster bus if another wasn't already developed for anything new by that time.

Hey by the way guys, I did not receive any cables with this hard drive, all I got was a HD. It was from new egg.

What cables do I need to hook up this hard drive? Please help me out..

You need an SATA cable and the power plug from the PSU. The SATA cable should be included with your motherboard. Look in that box.

yeah my corsair 450w ps has a SATA connector, is that all I need?

The sata cable that came with my mobo (2) doesnt fit it. It fits my optical drive though.

How does that connect to my motherboard? I am lost guys

*edit*
I thought I'd need a cord to connect to the motherboard. the sata cable does not fit, it's L shaped and it doesn't fit onto the hard drive

I am definately confused...

Suppose to be like this:

sata2.gif

And the port on the motherboard, that you're suppose to connect the SATA data cable (interface connector), looks like these blue ports:

p6ngm_sata.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom