Memory

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sticks are pairs. Which means they are designed to work together, resulting in better performance. Buying two single sticks might not give as much performance as buying a twin set.

Ah didn't know that.

But I'm still not convinced it's worth the price tag difference, this is a $22 difference and I'm trying to squeeze every SINGLE dollar out of each components for my future rig.

Hey peter, do you know of any good mid-tower casing WITH power supply?

PSU would have to deal with SLI 9600GT Vista 64 and 4Gb ram (and the usual rest with room to breath).

Casing with a rear 120mm fan, front and side (or top) fans

Also casing with 1 or 2 USB 2.0 slots.

Got anything good?

Ohh.. and something under $150 :D

I would recommend buying the PSU separately. Post a new thread titled: need case and psu rec.

Well you know what, I agree nvm buying the case w/ PSU.

I actually found this one
Newegg.com - Rosewill R5604-TBK 0.8mm SECC Screw-less Dual 120mm Fans ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

It has everything I wanted and at a decent price.

As for the PSU I found this one:
Newegg.com - Rosewill RP500-2 ATX12V v2.01 500W Power Supply 115/230 V CSA, UL, TUV, FCC - Power Supplies

But I'm not sure this will be enough if I go SLI with 2x 9600GT?

Maybe up it to a 520HX. The VX is a value series.

Like this one?
Newegg.com - Rosewill RP600V2-S-SL 600W SLI Ready-ATX12V V2.01 Power Supply 115/230 V CSA,UL,TUV,FCC - Power Supplies

Peter.Cort said:
it definitely will.
Well dunno the first one I linked doesn't say anything about SLI, while the second one does, and they are about the same price, so...

*edit*
You can get a way better case and psu for those same prices.

Really?

Because both the PSU and case I linked will go for $130.

Found better??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom