How do you attach motherboard to case

Status
Not open for further replies.

KennyD

Baseband Member
Hey guys, this is my first build. I posted a few months ago and finally bought all the parts I needed to install.

e4500 processor
250gb seagate
8800gs video card
abit ip-35 e motherboard
phillips cd/burner
SIGMA Luna case
2 gb crucial ball. ram

I am reading the manual but do not understand how to connect the mobo to the case.

they gave me two bags of screws and I am lost. I have never done this before...

I see they have 3 different pieces.

A screw, a "washer", and a stud. The stud has one end open, and one end able to screw into...

do I screw in the stud into the case, then screw in the mobo with the other screw (putting a washer between the two?

I am just so confused, I may even take this to somebody in fear of messing everything up...

Ok.

The stud is called the "standoff". This gets screwed into the motherboard tray at the 9 screw holes before you put the motherboard in.

After that, you have to secure the I/O shield, the place of metal with cutouts for the back of the case, if it's not already secured.

Then you position the motherboard into the case and screw it in with screws. Make sure to have a washer in the screw so it acts like a padding (between the two as you stated).

Before you do all that, I would recommend you put the processor in and attach the heatsink.

Since this is your first time, I would HIGHLY recommend you read some guides throughly, like this one: Assemble PC - Put everything together

***READ THIS: LOTS OF PICTURES: How To Assemble A PC By Hand ***
More to read: How To Assemble And Build A PC

Also, if you have any problems what so ever, put the parts down and post a thread. Wait until you have a good idea of what to do then proceed. Overall, the process is really simple.

Yeah, got it in no problem. Just mounted the holes, put washer on then the screw, and screwed in just tight enough to not leave any play in the MB.

I installed the RAM, video card, mobo, cpu/heatsink and the power supply.

all I have left is the hard drive, and optical drive....then it's time to hook up all the wires to power her up.

I am going to do it tomorrow.

I have an anti-static wristband and I just grounded myself by the casing...

anybody have the LUNA case? The HD and optical drive seem to be a pain in the butt to install due to the clips...

Thanks, hopefully we'll be running tomorrow.

Kenny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom