Memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

THANKS FOR THE LINK peter!

Well.. I'm still not sure if I'll go 4GB or 2GB

So this way I can just grab one stick of 2G now and will just have to add another 2G instead of having to buy 3 1GB later?

Also two 1GB of these:
Newegg.com - G.SKILL 1GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

would end up costing $50, instead of the 42.99 :D

Why? Should I go 1GB instead?

Related question is that MoBo compatible with DDR3?

Nope, it says it right there: DDR2 800.

yeah :(

The different colors on the memory slots made me think for a second that maybe it was compatible and all the MoBo with 4 slots that I saw lately were DDR2 and DDR3 compatible. Heh confused for a moment.

Oh well I like that MoBo alot anyway...

I would get two for dual channel

Hmm.. what?

two 2GB? or two 1GB?

and .. dual channel?

heh check this out:
If someone buys 1 stick of a 2GB DDR2 800 by GSKILL it cost 42.99. If you want 4GB, it would then cost you $85.98, right?

Ok and now if you buy 4GB in one go
Newegg.com - G.SKILL 4GB(2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

It cost $105!... ermm.. ok so what's the logic here? aren't those the same sticks?

EDIT: Hmm I see that there's a difference in the timing and the voltage but I'm not sure it makes such a big difference in actuallity, or does it?

The sticks are pairs. Which means they are designed to work together, resulting in better performance. Buying two single sticks might not give as much performance as buying a twin set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom