GX2 Quad SLi power requirements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that one 9800GX2 eats 580w of power by definition.. Also only a certain number of PSU's can actually connect to the 9800GX2... it is unique in many ways.

I don't know about Two of them together in SLI but I am going with 1000w of power in my rig to be sure I have the amount of power I need.

I believe that 750TX should make it but power is one thing I never try and play around with... and for me 1000w should virtually never need to be updated... plus it's cool to watch the lights in your room dim a whole lot when you turn it on... and when you amp up the overclock and play Crysis...causes brown-outs, lol

I've never really understood the watts issue of things... I did also see that the 9800GX2 uses the 580w or something near that. All I know is that the 750TX is enough to power 1-9800GX2, 2-DVD burners, 3-HDD's, Q6600, sound card, and 4 fans.

Watts != amperage though. Some low end power supplies claim to have x watts but dont have any amps. The 750TX is only 10A lower than the Ultra x3 1000w.

Ya, i just hope i dont get screwed on the rebate. Cause if i do, i'll be kind of miffed that i didnt spend 50 bucks more for the ultra x3 which is modular.

When I built my pc, about 16 months ago....I had rebates for memory, case,and power supply....i received them all....it took about 6-10 weeks for all of them to arrive, but I did get all of them, and I sent them in pretty much right away.

Pretty much EVERY ati card uses more power with less performance than nvidia. Ati really needs to get their crap together when it comes to drivers. Their cards are far superior on paper to nvidia, but the drivers just cant bring out the performance. Also, yes, the rebates come back as a check you go cash.

Well the HD3850 and the HD3870 (x2) did give nVidia a run for a money (for how short that time it was)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom