new parts not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

skeppy

Baseband Member
Its been about a year since I built my last computer, and its time for a new one so heres my problem:

AMD Athlon XP 2100+ with an
Asus A7V8X-X motherboard
2x512 DDR PC 2300

Anyway, The computer shut down the first few times i booted it. I proceeded to reset the Cmos, and it actually started to the Bios setup. It let me select from 1300 mhz to 2600mhz, but no matter how high or low i selected, after saving and exiting, the computer immediately shuts down. Resetting the cmos allows the computer back to the BIOS setup each time, but can't get any further.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to whats wrong? Thanks in advance.

I just had this problem and I figured it out to be the cpu. I just reapplied the as5 and but the hsf back on, and it worked fine.

Let me know

i fiddled with it some and got it booting more into sequence. I booted to the cdrom with winxp on it to install on hd, it started the install sequence, and then after loading everything, you press Enter for new setup, and then it just shut down, now i'm tryign to boot back up and it doesn't detect the monitor(box moves around screen saying no connection). Tryed removing/replacing the vid card and reset cmos and rebooted and keeps happening, no idea. Goign to try to boot with an older PCI vid card rather then the AGP.

Tried diff MONITOR, still nothing. Took off fan and cpu, turned on, off again, replaced cpu and fan. Still no input to monitor. Tryed removing AGP card, and off/on replacing. Tryed using PCI vid card, no input.

I'm thinking either the mobo isn't working and not detecting anything(Which woul dbe weird because its recieving power and the fan is working as well as the cd-rom and hdd run), or the CPU is dead and therefore not completeing the boot?

No idea, someone please help!

Someting like that happened to a friend of mine, he says his memory is fried but i dunno, ive never heard of someone frying their memory.

o this is like exactly wut happens to my bro check ur mobo see if any part of it is touching the metal backplate turned out that a screw was shorting the mobo so it turned off

Thanks, but i don't think that is my problem any longer. I continually get the floating box on the monitor saying no input detectedd. I tried using the PCI vid card and taking the agp out. same thing. No short, the mobo wasn't touching the backplate at all.

The problem can't be in the video card because I've used two different ones with the same problem. Memory wouldn't cause a no input, neither would a cpu error. The motherboard has to be bad and i'll have to send it back. What say any of you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom