Pictures of my Completed Computer! Check it out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
One question, was that the only direction you could mount your cpu fan in? In my Thermaltake Armor, I have the CPU fan on my Q6600 pointing straight out the back exaust. Keeps my entire case running 30C or less at idle and 35C with max gaming. You used a Xigmatek Rifle, correct? Because it looks the same as mine.

It was the Xigmatek S-1283? I'm not sure, I think it was the rifle. With the Mobo attached to the Mobo try and inside the case, the cores are lined horizontal. When you look under the heatsink, you'll see one side is 100% flat and the other isnt. I matched the flat side with the cores directions and added mx-2 and called it a day. I will try to explain with pictures later today.
John

Hmmm. I used the mx-2 and had the fan aligned completely different. Have had only good things so far. I'm not sure what you are talkning about when you say the underside of the heatsink isn't 100% flat on both sides? Either way, I will have to be removing the heatsink and cpu to move to it's new home of the EVGA 780i motherboard. Will I need any special procedures to remove the mx2, or just use a plastic scraper to remove as much as possible before reapplying? It's only been on for about 4 days, so should I not even bother reapplying?

Speaking of applying MX-2. I have parts on the way including a Q6600, the 120mm rifle cpu cooler and MX-2 compound. How did you apply the MX-2? Was it a dot in the middle or a vertical line? I'm worried about getting too much or not enough. Also, I heard that cpu cooler was tough to get into the motherboard. Did you have difficulty getting it on?

Ok. I will try to answer as much as I know. I'm kind of a noob, so be easy on me. First, I applied a line across the cores for the Q6600. When I tried to install the fan, I said that isn't going to work, so I took it completely off and saw how the mx-2 looked like after it made contact with the bottom of the fan, and boy it was way too much. So I wiped it off with a piece of towel, and I reapplied, what I did this time was add a thinner strip, and then I got a baseball card and smeared it evenly on the cpu, then I also did the same for the Fan, I smeared mx-2 on the bottom of the fan and then I installed them, after I moved them around together, I got a few bubbles, but I smeared em out and put it back together. Let me tell you something, that fan was a PITA to get on, it took for a good 15-25 minutes, I didn't know if I did it wrong. You have to push down pretty dang HARD. I thought it was going to break something, but I guess I got lucky. As for taking off coolant, I heard rubbing alcohol and a cloth/towel are the best. This fan is huge, I didn't realize how big it was until I got in the mail, it's JI-NOR-MES. lol, also remember that the fins bend easily and not to put pressure on them.

good job man...all u got left is the wiremanagement

im getting so lazy to do mine.
I need to fix some fans and do some mini mods to it...but i just get sooo lazy.

Thats why i like my TRUE. It is big, but it has by far the BEST mounting system i have ever used on these 775 boards.

I'm having some problems though. My internet seems to be incredibly laggy. Most of the time it's so slow, my older computer was faster. Uploading/Dling is also slow. Even loading stuff and playing CS, my pings are high and I get connection problems. Any idea what this could be? I also want to OC my Ram/GPU/CPU yet have it stable and not stressing out the CPU or other stuff. My temps got up a little, 40,38,43,35 C. They use to be in the Low to mid 30's. Do you think If I reformatted and re-downloaded all the crap and got a new virus protector or w/e. The computer is very fast with opening/dling/uploading photos and editing them, but not fast with internet related things. Also, my fans are freaking LOUD, I need to quieten them in anyway possible so I can keep the computer on over night or when its really quiet. Any ideas?
John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom