Nvidia upcoming laptop GPU are based on 55nm

Status
Not open for further replies.

maroon1

Banned
Nvidia_mobilegpus.gif

We have told you earlier that Nvidia is preparing 55nm GPUs against current ATi's offerings like RV670, RV635, RV620 as well as RV770. VR-Zone has managed to find out Nvidia is planning a GeForce 9800M GTS refresh codenamed NB9E-GT1 and a new GeForce 9800M GT codenamed NB9E-GS1 based on 55nm G94b architecture. Both GeForce 9800M GTS and 9800M GT have 1GB of GDDR3 memories onboard. Interestingly, the GeForce 9650M GT codenamed NB9P-GT is actually a 55nm G96b.

VR-Zone : Technology Beats - Nvidia 55nm Mobile Graphics Cards Unveiled

Laptops are always so expensive and yet they can't do much... the last-most powerful was or maybe still is the 8800MGTX...

When laptops can run Crysis on Ultra High without any problems.. then you will see me supporting them for gaming.. until then.. they are only half as good as a desktop computer when it comes to photoshop and data processing.. the only good thing about them is they are indeed compact and good for surfing the web on the go.. although now days any phone can do that. You can easily build a super-powerful desktop for the price of a laptop that can hardly do anything.. the Alienware m15x is a good example.. with stock crappy settings and a weak graphics card you can build a way more powerful desktop computer with the flat screen monitor and one or two 9800GX2 cards for that price.

the problem with putting high-end GPU's into a laptop, is that they often make short work of the battery.
And quite often turn your laptop into a makeshift iron for your pants.

Laptops are always so expensive and yet they can't do much... the last-most powerful was or maybe still is the 8800MGTX...

When laptops can run Crysis on Ultra High without any problems.. then you will see me supporting them for gaming.. until then.. they are only half as good as a desktop computer when it comes to photoshop and data processing.. the only good thing about them is they are indeed compact and good for surfing the web on the go.. although now days any phone can do that. You can easily build a super-powerful desktop for the price of a laptop that can hardly do anything.. the Alienware m15x is a good example.. with stock crappy settings and a weak graphics card you can build a way more powerful desktop computer with the flat screen monitor and one or two 9800GX2 cards for that price.

Oh come on, obviously laptops will never be as powerful as desktops. The whole point is to be able to take your gaming experience with you so you're not lugging around your tower, monitors, and keyboard/mouse to every lan party/friend's house/coffee shop/commons area/etc. that you go to. A decent gaming laptop can deliver good performance on any game on the market--definitely fun enough to play games on anywhere you take it along with any other task a desktop can do. They were never meant to be at the cutting edge of performance, they were meant to be mobile! The whole point is the ability to take your gaming experience with you.

Oh come on, obviously laptops will never be as powerful as desktops. The whole point is the ability to take your gaming experience with you.

My point exactly.. I believe anyone looking forward to doing that should wait until the newer laptop GPU's come out.. this will be excellent because some idiot made Crysis which is now going to make the game of computing alot easier for everyone else... People are going to want a laptop that can play Crysis functionally well... and thus comes the more powerful GPU's that can run Crysis.. AND every other freaking game ever made...

Wait a while on the purchasing of a laptop if you are going to use it for gaming I say..Might as well let Crysis improve the gaming market for you because if you can actually play Crysis well with these new GPU's... then that obliterates every game and future games because Crysis is one crappily coded slow game... others will be faster and coded better I believe. (COD4 is an example)

Good job Crysis, you suck! :)

Wait a while on the purchasing of a laptop if you are going to use it for gaming I say..Might as well let Crysis improve the gaming market for you because if you can actually play Crysis well with these new GPU's... then that obliterates every game and future games because Crysis is one crappily coded slow game... others will be faster and coded better I believe. (COD4 is an example)

Yeah, that's a good point. Crysis is sure you up the bar in terms of all graphics technology since it's currently beyond the limits of current hardware. I will be genuinely impressed if these new gpu's can hack it.

And I didn't know Crysis was so poorly coded but I did a little digging and apparently it is. I guess they weren't really going to optimization, the main pull of the game was how good it looked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom