How were your first experience in overclocking? just wanted to know~~

Status
Not open for further replies.

geo3tech

In Runtime
My first overclocking didn't go so well. I was nervous that my comp would explode or something .. :p

I still don't really know how to overclock yet hehe..

Ran great for a little while, raised my 3dMark03 score about 200 points, then the computer started freezing up frequently. Then, it started freezing up and corrupting CMOS data, requiring to clear the CMOS via the jumper every time it froze up. Because of this, i lowerd my clock speed back to stock settings for the time being.

Yea, first time i overclocked my computer it would start freezing, and I didn't like how hot the cpu was getting so i put it back down to normal.......the next time i overclocked a computer it was my old computer.......i put a 133 chip in......doubled the voltage it was suppose to take......and did a couple of other things..didn't put a heatsink or fan on it.....and let it boot windows and run.......and run...and run......and it wouldn't die!!! it didn't freeze......it ran windows and everything else i was doing perfectly.........if i get bored i'll try it again ^_^

i burned out a motherboard, blew a soundcard and a graphics card, the processor itself was more or less ok, apart from the fire damage...

lets just say i'm a little more cautious and i hope more knowledgable these days!!!

It's when you run hardware (ex. processor) above the normal/stock speed it's meant to run at.

It could be exciting and also both dangerous.

WIthought thorough knowledge of overclocking, i wouldn't recommend it.

i just slowly increased the settings until it wouldnt boot windows then lowered it down.

I have "crushed" 3 motherboards (got 2 back) by using a thermalright HS which mounts through the board. When screwing it in, it crushes the chips around it. I thought I had fried them, but no.

Mine went suprisingly well.

I oced from 2.6 to 2.8 without changing anything cept the bus speed. Worked excellently had it going like that for a while, then changed it to 3.0 and it's running perfectly too.

No additional coolers either ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom