TF Reputation system ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wouldn't hurt to talk about it though. Just trying to get the feet wet, so we don't jump into cold water, without knowing something.

Aye, I aggree this would be a good idea. I'm sure I remember it being added to this list a while back however :)

Let's see what Dave and Trotter have to say ;)

Actually, there is a reputation system built into vB, but it is currently turned off. As Tkey said, there are plenty of irons in the fire right now. Larry is bringing in some hired guns to get the servers up to snuff, as well as trying out some new hosting options. I am thinking Dave said something about him bringing in someone to work on the vB codes as well, as some of what isn't working should be working already (can't swear to the last, as we were both pretty dogged out that night).

I have seen some rep systems that were really good, and I have seen some that have been run into the ground. When the time is right we will launch ours, but not before we get together and figure out how we want to work it, and we will be sure to post up just how it will work. The less confusion the better, right?

;)

Right :D

Does keeping up this website cost a lot ? i'm thinking the server, leave it on. and moderate the forum... does that really cost a lot ? or am i missing a large part of the full picture :confused:

Its a good idea and all...but we pretty much all know who the dbags are. And ive noticed they tend to wear out their welcome pretty fast and end up disappearing. I can name at least 2 problem children off the top of my head that have taken the banstick recently.

Heh, these forums seem to take the old "vegas" approach to people who shouldnt be around. They just get "disappeared" :D

Tech-Forums pays for itself and then some... but not much more than it costs to run it. You couldn't live on it, let's put it that way.

The main thing with the servers is making sure we are up and running and not pulling the white screens like Buggy was posting about the other day. Over-loaded server = no Tech-Forums right then, and we get a lot of traffic from Google searches. If these hits bounce off the server, they don't come back.

I don't know how much bandwidth Tech-Forums uses, but it has to be quite a bit. The better the servers Larry can get us, the better the site will work, pure and simple.

Works perfect for me, i don't see any problems ...
You found out about the profanity PM i sent you yet ?

It is in discussion right now. We, the mods, are going to roll out a blanket policy as soon as it is finalized.

The post you cited was written in 2004, but the zero tolerance policy was instituted in 2007 (or 2006), so the newer policy would trump the old. However, the discussion is on how best to address the issue and to make sure that the response to it is standardized across the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom