really good fan needed for video card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rookie1010

Fully Optimized
Hi
I have a gigabyte GA81875 Ultra with a video card 5700XT,Whenever i play a game using after some time it starts beeping, i think it is the 5700Xt heating up. I tried to find out how long before it would beep in three scenarios.

scenario 1) when i started the game at random
scenario 2) when i started the game 30 seconds after scenario 1
scenario 3) when i started the game right after i had stopped the game in scenario 2 or 1.

the time before it started beeping went down scenario 1>scenario 2>scenario 3.

this is what suggested to me that it was the heating up of the cpu or gpu.

i wanted you guys to suggest a fan or some other cooling mechanism which would cool my system down to non beeping temperatures.

I never heard of beeps coming out due to graphic card heating, yes they do come due to CPU overheating.

as even if you are on GPU, still CPU has to take some load in processing the miltimedia extensions like DirecX, SSE, DSP, 3D Now/Professional etc.

and in grphic processing, the CPU as well touches the 100% barrier of performance (though random).

get your CPU checked. rather than GPU

what you guys are saying it is the CPu(p4 2.8 GHz) which is overhetaing not the processor on the NVIDIA 5700XT.

so i need to cool the CPU(p4 2.8 GHz) down right? what solutions do you guys suggest

would another 80mm case fan do the trick?

i actually leave the case open

thats not good it messes with the cases ventalation system leave the cover on the case and if any thing get a PCI bay cooler as well as a 3.3 bay cooler its not the GPU its the CPU

what is a 3.3 bay cooler.
my system admin told me that if i leave the case open, it is natural cooling. is he wrong?

i also find out why it was beeping, i checked out the cpu fan(thanks for telling me it was thh cpu fan not the gpu), it was clogged p with all sorts of gunk, wonder where it got that fron.
i took an ear bud, removed the cotton and extracted most of the gunk from the fan. and no more beeps, at least with teh case open. i have to get one of those case fans, and i think i might be able to play games with the case closed.

hey i did not realise that the cpu would be working that hard with games, i thougth the gpu would take all its load off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom