HP Pavillion woes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bad news. Was sitting while using THIS laptop I'm on now on the couch, put the laptop down next to me to get up to go to the kitchen, come back and the screen was completely green. No button sequence would do anything that I could think of, like escape, CTRL ALT DEL, etc.

I guess I get to call Circuit city tech support again.

Any ideas wtf is wrong??? Other than that this thing runs smooth as glass.

Thanks for the explanation. I had it serviced once before and they replaced the LCD screen. Maybe they got the plug cocked just a little bit, who knows.

So what they did to the HD is quicker than using the CD, is it also better overall?

Not necessarily but it takes the pain out of having to create partitions manually. It's the same task just automated.

Sorry to hear about your new issue, still sounds like that cable isn't working right but it's hard to say. Could be the cable itself, the connection might be bad, maybe a problem with the lcd. Take it back asap so they know it's having a problem already and inquire about a full replacement since you've taken it bad the 3rd time now for the same problems.

Not that they did anything wrong, I get the same situations with cars that come into my shop. Customer complains about a noise and it doesn't do it when I drive it. I know how it goes.

Thanks for the info. Since I'm still getting over bein sick not doin diddly now I may as well call them now.

Appreciate it!!

EDIT:

Just called, Circuit City guy said to call the actual service center because I am under their warranty for 90 days after service. Tomorrow I will see what that yields.

Edit again:

Just called that service center. I know they are closed weekends but I figured I'd at least get a recording of some kind to hear their hours. But I just got a busy/phone line dead sound. Oh well, will try in the morning

Okie doke. I'm just really curious what would cause it. I wonder if a fracture on a circuit board somewhere could do it?

EDIT:

Not necessarily but it takes the pain out of having to create partitions manually. It's the same task just automated.

Sorry to hear about your new issue, still sounds like that cable isn't working right but it's hard to say. Could be the cable itself, the connection might be bad, maybe a problem with the lcd. Take it back asap so they know it's having a problem already and inquire about a full replacement since you've taken it bad the 3rd time now for the same problems.

If they have to replace it and it's not produced anymore, what to they do then?

You can find parts for most of this stuff some way. HP probably uses the same cable for different notebooks so I wouldn't worry about it.

Well I meant if they decide to replace the whole unit and it's not made anymore, what to they do at that point?

But anyway I just played the phone tag games and they are sending another box to me to have it serviced, again. Thanks for the info guys!!!

Oh, there's usually no guarentee that you'd get that exact same unit if it's not made any more. You would receive a similar laptop at their discretion. Would be about the same specs-wise, it could be from any brand, though.

Oh, there's usually no guarentee that you'd get that exact same unit if it's not made any more. You would receive a similar laptop at their discretion. Would be about the same specs-wise, it could be from any brand, though.

I see i see. Despite the 'mechanical' issues I've had with this one, as laptops go I do like this one.

Oh well. Lets see how many times I have to ship this one! ::sigh::

Okay so as of tonight the repair depot in Texas has had my laptop a week, not counting shipping time. I got a message on my phone saying they are sending it back because they 'tried and could not find a problem.'

I'm seriously P1$$ED off. Last year I sent it to be repaired at a different facility and they did excellent and replaced everything that could have been bad at the time. It's warranty work, they get reimbursed I'm sure!! This place that has my computer has to be the crappiest place around and I cringe to think MY computer is in some of these peoples' hands.

I guarantee you when I get it back it won't take lone for the screen to screw up again, at which time I will call Circuit City AGAIN. Circuit City has done fine, but they didn't choose the best repair places!!!!!

Like right now I'm getting sick of using my sister's laptop which has a f'd battery.

ARGH!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom