2 x 2GB RAM recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirCyber

Daemon Poster
well, i'm going to change one small tweak on my build. I want to go with 2GB RAM sticks, but I don't know what's good. Newegg has a few companies I have questions about. GeIL, PQI, and Wintec. I've never heard these names before. I'm currently looking at the Newegg.com - GeIL Evo One 4GB(2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory , but wanted to go here before I finished my purchase. thanks for the help/advice! (also, are the crucial 2GB sticks as trustworthy as the 1GB's?)

I havent had any issues with them. I havent really tried pushing them, but they run perfectly stable and cool at 2.2v and 4-4-4-12 timings.

Reapers, ReaperX, PQ, all good stuff.

I just bought a cheap noname 2x2gb 6400 kit off ebay for 41 quid. looks like they use powerchip ICs from the pics, I'll see if they clock at all. :)

not worried about price right now. what is the listing from best to worst. *already heard some good stuff about the reapers so in consideration* OCZ Reaper, Crucial Ballistix, and G.Skill. Thanks for the input, I dunno if I'm going with a 2x2 or a single 2, and I'm looking at newegg right now. thanks again!

Edit: no news on the GeIL sticks?

ram now a days is pretty top notch and competive, cosair, mushkin, patriot extremes all good stuff. Never really looked in the GeIL though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom