SLI Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
well the card definitely doesn't use up all of the x16 bandwidth, but it might be the problem here. lets say just for proving a point, that the the card uses up x10 of the x16 allocated bandwidth. so if you use 2 of those cards in sli, then you are loosing out on x2 of the cards potential. I don't know if this is true, it would take research and such to prove it, but its possible.

also its true generally with any type of sli or crossfire, that the rule is its better to have the next model up then 2 of the model below.

so it would be better to have 1 gts/gtx/ultra then to have 2 gt's. I know its true with the gt vs gtx, not sure about the gt vs gts though.

I know my performance definately took a hit when i was running that 650i at 8x/8x while my current board was in RMA. So its definately a possiblity that the new cards use more than 8x bandwidth.

also its true generally with any type of sli or crossfire, that the rule is its better to have the next model up then 2 of the model below.

so it would be better to have 1 gts/gtx/ultra then to have 2 gt's. I know its true with the gt vs gtx, not sure about the gt vs gts though.

Ya but I bought the GT when it first came out... those gts 512 wasnt out yet... wich sux for me lol but doesnt matter looks as if my mobo is queer anyway... wait can i say that if not im sorry lol

well the card definitely doesn't use up all of the x16 bandwidth, but it might be the problem here. lets say just for proving a point, that the the card uses up x10 of the x16 allocated bandwidth. so if you use 2 of those cards in sli, then you are loosing out on x2 of the cards potential. I don't know if this is true, it would take research and such to prove it, but its possible.

Unless its 2 GX2's :D

well if you're running 2 gx2's on a x8/x8 sli board. then we need to have a conversation...and not the hi how was your day kind of conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom