SLI Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll you get a little benefit because you have less stress on a single card since it is split onto the 2 by 8/8.... but you don't get any power boast like you would with a 16x/16x

Currently i have my eye on the 750i for future SLI rigs, since it does have full 2.0 16x/16x

We'll you get a little benefit because you have less stress on a single card since it is split onto the 2 by 8/8.... but you don't get any power boast like you would with a 16x/16x

Currently i have my eye on the 750i for future SLI rigs, since it does have full 2.0 16x/16x

I dont understand what ur sayin.... To my knowledge when i researched the quirks and perks of buying a 680i vs a 650i... the diff was minimal... Why would MSI offer a board that has SLI cappable but it just relieves stress?

Look at the price difference... Why would they offer a board with no benefit for that much more money

Newegg.com - MSI P6N SLI Platinum LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 650i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

It runs at 16x/8x according to this...

What do you have your e6300 clocked too?

Im just sayin wen i bought this board almost a year ago i was expecting to go SLI later on... So i wanted that option... Every where i looked no one ever said it would limit me so badly... thats why i say its somthing else goin on...

my cpu is at stock... never reeally needed to OC... plus with 667mhz RAM it wont make it very high... i have OCed but to only 2.4 stable

*Update* I took the Sli Bridge off and booted bak up... I had the Sli Visual thing up and even with the SLI bridge OFF it still says im in SLI??/ what is goin on?

So you guys think that an E6300 Stock cannot handle two 8800GT's?
Because ive done everything I know to get a Performance boost and nothing...

I can definately see it being somewhat of a bottleneck. I know my video performance in 3dmark06 went up quite a bit from 2.4 to 3.6.

if the pci-e slot runs 16x in single card mode but 8x/8x in sli, then it would make sense that there's no difference. but i'm not sure if it's a 16x in single slot config.

also yeah oc your cpu, it will make a huge difference.

Yes the slots are 16x single and 8x/8x dual... Let me try to understand this, your sayin that with it being 8/8 that it is maxed out on the bus... THIS being said, Iwouldnt see the least little gain from 2 cards at 8x BUS?

BTW if this is true, then this means that the 8800GT is close to maxing out picE 16x and if say i bought 1 single card that is twice as powerful as the 8800 then i still wouldnt see much gain....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom