Q6700 Maxes out at 3.2Ghz

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went quad SLI because the option to stepup was there. And most likely i'll end up sellng the GX2's for less of a loss than i would have taken by selling my GTS512's. Paid 360 each for them, and i would have been lucky to sell them for 240ish.

Well one thing is for sure. At least 1200 dollars worth of video cards will get used. Lets compare some of my other high dollar purchases
400$ paintball gun...used once
1200$ mountain bike...got used alot until college
1500$ road bike...less than 100 miles on it

Ya, so at least computer components get used daily :p

It was one of the first full suspension crosscountry/mountain bikes. I bought it back in 95, back before EVERYONE made full suspension bikes.

As said. The quads simply own.

I just love to pull this example out though. Take a look at a p4 @ 4ghz... it gets whooped by almost any dual core out there.

So why should a e8400 @ 4ghz come close to beating a q6600 or a q6700 or any quad core for that matter @ 3ghz or above?

I really do not know, cause I'm ignorant (not implying anything), but i thought being 45nm just meant that the processor stayed cooler because the die was smaller, thus meaning that it could be clocked higher...?

I guess you already did it, but really, why would you bother going out and getting that e8400 when you have the q6700 g0 which is supposed to be such a great processor?
really do not know, cause I'm ignorant (not implying anything), but i thought being 45nm just meant that the processor stayed cooler because the die was smaller, thus meaning that it could be clocked higher...?

I guess you already did it, but really, why would you bother going out and getting that e8400 when you have the q6700 g0 which is supposed to be such a great processor?

I have a friend who builds chips (cpu's) for a living, The 45 nm shortens the distance to the flip flop resisters and then increases the instruction speed and bandwidth. I love my Q6700 but this new chip is really fast for desktop and othter processing (really fast) but I don't think it's much of an improvement for gamers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom