CPUZ info question

Status
Not open for further replies.

OTHG_ChefTreb

Baseband Member
Hello, I want to start off by saying what a great community you guys(and girls) have here. I just built my first computer and found tech forums a great help in doing so. I posted here a month or so ago asking for help on advise on hardware and found everyone helpful and honest. As I started to build it I had a few questions, so I just jumped on here and did a search for the info I needed and i was here. I was a little nervous about the build, but I got it done and it fired right up and is working fine.Thanks so much for the help!
The specs of my new rig are:
Intel Core2 Duo e8400 3.0 Ghz
Gigabyte GA-P35_DS3L
EVGA 8800GTS (G92)
Crucial Ballistix (2x1GB)DDR2 800 (PC26400)
OZC StealthXStream 600watt PSU
CooolerMaster TX2 CPU cooler
Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 SATA HDD
Antec 900 case
Samsung 20X DVD Burner SATA

the question I have is.. when I have CPUZ up it says the CPU core seed is 2000MHz. My easy tuner says its 2999. what gives?
my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

I havent changed anything in BIOS except the voltage for the RAM wich is rated for 2.2 volts, so I bumped it up to that. Is one of these programs giving me the wrong info. If so how do I correct it? I want to get all I can out of this setup, so Ive thought about OCing it a little maybe. Any Advice? Thanks in advance for the help.

awesome computer you got there.

Nothing is wrong with the computer, you just have speed step enabled which lowers your CPU's multipler when idle (Firefoxing, Solitaring). Its acually a really good feature to use since you will play full blast 3ghz during games and you letting your cpu relax during idle @ 2ghz.

Easy tune sees the CPU's actual speed. CPUz sees the speed of the CPU at the moment. You most likely have speedstep. There's nothing wrong with your computer, you're just saving your CPU some stress by lowering the speed while idle. Idle can also be internet surfing and other simple tasks.

Nice machine :)

*edit*
lol, I didn't see darkside's post.

haha, oh well

Have fun with your new machine!

Thanx for the replies. If I would have thought about it long enough I should have figured it out, Ive read the article about speedstepping. Now its time to get serious and read up on OCing.

Your experience here reminds me of my build , about 16 months ago.

Everybody here is really helpful.. they helped me out tremendously also.

I learned alot building my own pc, loved every minute of it...I am sure you did also.

Enjoy your new pc.

You can find the best OCing articles on this forum. Just remember two important rules :)

1) Don't be scared
2) Watch your temps

Have fun, and be careful. lol, but mostly have fun :)

**Sorry for the double post B1**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom