GPU Fan stopped spinning

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalOwns

In Runtime
I was playing CoD4 when my computer froze, and when I rebooted and check the temps, my GPU temp was about 95*C :eek: So then I attached a few fans onto the card, and used those to bring down the temps. Went to play a little CoD to check the temps, and I saw it up at 101*C. Obviously I stopped playing.

Anyway, why would this happen? It was working fine earlier today. The fan moves a little like its trying to spin up, but it can't. There's nothing blocking the fan from moving though, because I can spin it with my finger. Help?

Sounds like RMA time to me.

Yeah, maybe. I don't think newegg has my card anymore though, so I don't know. It's BIOS flashed with new speeds and voltmodded. I'll have to change all that if I have to RMA it.

I was thinking maybe there was a bunch of dust in there that wasn't letting the fan spin up. I'm going to stop and grab a can on compressed air later today. I've been meaning to get a can of that anyway... And how would I go about oiling it? Just spray a little WD40 on it?

EDIT: I just checked it, and now its spinning. :freak: I'll have to keep an eye on it.

well take off the heatsink atleast and clean the dust out anyways...and re apply some thermal paste...

and then if it still causes probs...try getting everything back to stock and rma it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom