Feedback on new build please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhgunit

Daemon Poster
My friend wants me to build him a computer, here is my list. He only wanted to spend $1000, but my $1000 build is quite inferior to this build IMO. I will try and convince him to save an extra $200 for this. (I am figuring in S&H and I will also have to ship it to him. I am adding an extra $70 for this)

Also, I have a Q6600. Are the Intel April 20th price drops still happening? If so, and the Q6700 does actually get down to $270, I will probably go with that instead.

CASE: Newegg.com - RAIDMAX Smilodon Extreme Black ATX-612WEB SECC STEEL ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

MOTHERBOARD: Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX All Solid Capacitor Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

CPU: Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz 2 x 4MB L2 Cache LGA 775 Quad-Core Processor - CPUs / Processors

CPU HS&F: Newegg.com - ZALMAN CNPS 9700 NT 110mm 2 Ball Ultra Quiet CPU Cooler - CPU Fans & Heatsinks

RAM: Newegg.com - Crucial Ballistix 4GB(2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

GPU: Newegg.com - EVGA 512-P3-N801-AR GeForce 8800GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics

PSU: Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX ATX12V / EPS12V 650W Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, CE, CB, TUV, FCC, CCC - Power Supplies

HDD: Newegg.com - SAMSUNG SpinPoint T Series HD501LJ 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives

DVD Burner: Newegg.com - SAMSUNG Black 20X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 20X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 20X DVD±R DVD Burner - CD / DVD Burners

OS: Newegg.com - Microsoft Windows Vista 64-Bit Home Premium for System Builders Single Pack DVD - Operating Systems

Most of it is good as far as I know, I don't remember though about the 8800GT vs 9600GT benchmarks. Price difference is about $50 I think, what is better for price/performance?

Hmmmm....I just bought a 7200.11 for myself, and it has severe issues.

I posted them on another thread below but it was ignored. Tech support at Seagate blows too, you can't download new firmware unless someone at Seagate authorizes it....even though they are shipping harddrives with bad firmware.

Every seagate drive I have ever owned has had problems, I know they are "supposed" to be the best, but I have never experienced it.

32 MB cache.....lol. Yeah, maybe when you get firmware that allows you to use that 32 MB cache, which is a struggle with tech support.

well if youve been havin problems with them prolly not a good idea to use them. ive been using WD and never had any problems w/ them so thats the only company i buy.

Well, I don't blame you for recommending them because I have been doing that myself. Finally I bought one, and it shows up in BIOS and device manager as ST3_INVALID_PFM.

Supposedly, with this bad firmware either none or very little of the cache is used.

And about the 8800GT, I might be interested in that. Why are you selling?

so i can buy a 9800gtx and have that to step up to the gt200. and im on a 24" and it doesnt have enough hos in it to run max res in cod4 with some AA

Could you hold it for a week for me? I need to talk to my friend and make sure this is gonna go down, and get the money.

Also, does anyone know any more details about the Intel price cuts?? Are they still gonna happen on 4/20? :)

last i herd they were. and one of my good friends asked me the same question about holding it. i said im selling it to whoever gives me money first. also he is dirt poor atm so dont worry about him lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom